Dancing with the Stars is gearing up to celebrate its 25th season, and the new celebrity cast are sparkling up their wardrobe, breaking in their dancing shoes and readying themselves for their first dance on the ballroom floor, as the season kicks off on MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 18 on The ABC Television Network. This season’s lineup of celebrity dancers includes a “Shark,” a married couple whose pro partners are also a married couple, a “Pretty Little Liar,” a “Property Brother,” an 80s pop icon, a WWE superstar and a NBA champion, among others.
Additionally, ABC is launching the first-ever official Dancing with the Stars Fantasy League on September 6 on abc.com/dfl. The game allows players to predict which couple will win the season and take home the coveted Mirrorball Trophy. Players earn points for correct predictions, and each point is an entry into the grand-prize drawing for a chance to win a trip for four to Disney’s Aulani Resort in Hawaii and other exclusive prizes. Beginning September 19, fans can also play the weekly game to earn more points and chances to win. Each week, players choose three couples they predict will earn the highest scores in that week’s episode(s). Each point the couples earn on the show is another entry towards the Grand Prize and First Prize sweepstakes.
As announced this morning on ABC’s Good Morning America, the celebrities with their professional dance partners heading to the ballroom this season (in alphabetical order) are:
Barbara Corcoran with Keo Motsepe
– Barbara Corcoran’s credits include straight D’s in high school and college and 20 jobs by the time she turned 23. It was her next job that would make her one of the most successful entrepreneurs in the country: she borrowed $1,000 and quit her job as a waitress to start a tiny real estate company in New York City. Over the next 25 years, Barbara would parlay that $1,000 loan into a $5 billion real estate business, building the largest and best-‐‑known brand in the business.
Corcoran is the author of the bestseller “Shark Tales: How I Turned $1,000 into a Billion Dollar Business!” and is a motivational and inspirational speaker. She is a frequent small business and real estate contributor on every major network. She has been an investor/Shark for the past nine seasons on ABC’s threetime Emmy award winning show Shark Tank.
Debbie Gibson with Alan Bersten
– For 30 years, Debbie Gibson has proven she’s an entertainer of immeasurable talent. From singer, songwriter and musician to actress and dancer, she embodies what it truly means to be an entertainer. A music prodigy, Gibson exploded on the Billboard Pop Charts at the tender age of 16 with the self-penned “Only in My Dreams”. The “Original Pop Princess” quickly became the youngest artist ever to write, produce and perform a No. 1 hit song, “Foolish Beat”, and entered the Guinness Book of World Records. To date, she is still the youngest female to hold that record. She has sold more than 16 million albums worldwide, performed for British Royalty and hosted The American Music Awards, produced by friend and legend Dick Clark.
To fill her passion of mentoring and fostering young performers and songwriters, she also created Debbie Gibson’s Electric Youth, a series of performing arts camps and music boot camps.
Derek Fisher with Sharna Burgess
– Derek Fisher spent his entire pre-NBA life in Little Rock, Arkansas. His work ethic and determination were evident even from a young age, but basketball was always what drove him. A stand-out guard in high school, he starred for Parkview Arts and Science Magnet High. Even as a teenager, his leadership qualities were on display for all those who encountered him.
In 1996 he was drafted by the Los Angeles Lakers and went on to play more than 18 seasons in the NBA, a majority with the Lakers, with whom he won 5 NBA Championships. In 2014 he was hired by the New York Knicks to be the team’s head coach and became one of the only players to get a head coaching job in the NBA directly from playing. In 2016 he moved back to Los Angeles and began to work professionally as a broadcaster, making appearances on TNT, NBA TV and Spectrum SportsNet. At the start of the 2016-‐‑17 NBA season, Fisher joined Spectrum SportsNet as an in-studio analyst for the Los Angeles Lakers.
Fisher’s passion for impacting the lives of young people motivated him to create a camp experience for children and teens of all skill levels. In 2009 he started the Derek Fisher Basketball Academy, which is dedicated and focused on developing the basketball, leadership and life skills of each camper.
Drew Scott with Emma Slater
– Drew Scott is co-founder of Scott Brothers Entertainment and Scott Living. He and his twin brother, Jonathan, host multiple top-rated HGTV series, including the Emmy-nominated Property Brothers, Brother vs. Brother and Property Brothers at Home, and their shows are watched by millions of fans in over 150 countries. A New York Times bestselling author and one of People’s “Sexiest Men Alive,” Scott is also a bona fide social media influencer with over three million followers across his social platforms.
Outside of his career endeavors, Scott serves as a global ambassador for World Vision, working to improve child protection domestically and abroad. His wide-ranging philanthropic contributions include working with a variety of charities such as Artists for Peace and Justice, The American Red Cross and St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, among others. He is also very active when it comes to environmental responsibility and the advancement of clean, renewable energies.
Frankie Muniz with Witney Carson
– Francisco ”Frankie” Muniz IV is an American actor, musician, writer, producer, race car driver and band manager. He is best known for playing the title character in the FOX comedy Malcolm in the Middle, which earned him an Emmy Award nomination, two Golden Globe Award nominations and The Hollywood Reporter’s ”Young Star Award.” On the feature side, he is best known for his work in My Dog Skip and playing the title role in the film Agent Cody Banks, as well as its sequel Agent Cody Banks 2: Destination London. Muniz also starred in the 2002 blockbuster Big Fat Liar, opposite Amanda Bynes and Paul Giamatti. He recently shot the lead of the independent drama feature The Black String, for director Brian Hanson.
Apart from his love of acting, Muniz is also an accomplished race car driver, having competed in the Champ Car Atlantic Championship. He additionally has a passion for music and manages the alternative band Astro Lasso.
Jordan Fisher with Lindsay Arnold
– 2016 was a breakout year for multi-talented artist Jordan Fisher, whose talent clearly knows no boundaries, from TV to music to film and, most recently, Broadway. In January, Fisher’s take as Doody in FOX’s Emmy-winning broadcast of Grease: LIVE earned him critical acclaim and was deemed the show’s breakout star by MTV and People Magazine. That spring, he released his first single, “All About Us”, which was produced by Oak Felder (Alessia Cara, Arianna Grande, Rihanna) and melded influences of pop/soul/R&B. The song was the #2 most added song and a top 30 hit at pop radio. In August, Fisher released his self-titled EP, which debuted #18 on the Billboard Heatseeker album chart.
With a bright future in front of him, 2017 is sure to be another banner year as Fisher readies his debut full-length album. This fall he will release his new single “MESS” with Hollywood Records.
Lindsey Stirling with Mark Ballas
– Lindsey Stirling is one of the biggest artist development breakthrough stories in recent years. An acclaimed violinist from Gilbert, AZ., she entered a futurist world of electronic big beats and animation, using her classical violin training, to leap through the music industry with almost 10 million YouTube subscribers, over 1.9 billion views on her YouTube channel, two Billboard Music Awards, Billboard chart-topping hits and sold out tours worldwide. She’s created a new music world where modern classical meets the infectious energy of dance and electronica.
Stirling’s most recent and critically acclaimed third studio album, “Brave Enough”, debuted at #5 on Billboard’s Top 200 Album Chart and went on to score the #1 spot on Billboard’s year-end Top Dance/Electronic Album list. Collaborations on the album include ZZ Ward, Andrew McMahon and the Wilderness, Rivers Cuomo and Christina Perri, to name a few, and earned Stirling a 2017 Billboard Music Award for “Top Dance/Electronic Album.” Next up, Stirling will lend her likeness to a new comic book series called Sparrow, for which she teamed up with artist/writer Darick Robertson and co-writer R. Eric Lieb; and a Christmas album is set to be released via Concord Records later this fall.
Nick Lachey with Peta Murgatroyd
– Nick Lachey, a multi-platinum recording artist, television personality and businessman, first rose to stardom as the front-man of the popular band 98 Degrees, selling over 10 million albums worldwide and charting several Top 40 hits. In 2003 he launched a successful solo music career and segued into television when he starred in Newlyweds, one of MTV’s most successful shows in the network’s history.
In addition to his music career, Lachey has been a prominent television personality and producer over the last decade, having hosted and starred in a number of major national network programs and specials, including VH1’s national morning show Big Morning Buzz Live Hosted by Nick Lachey. In 2015 he executive produced and was featured in A&E’s popular docuseries Lachey’s Bar that followed brothers Nick and Drew Lachey as they opened a new sports bar in their hometown on Cincinnati, Ohio.
In addition to his work in music and television, Lachey remains a constant advocate for children’s and humanitarian causes through his work with organizations including Autism Speaks, Feeding America, Make-a-Wish Foundation, The Boys & Girls Club, Big Brothers Big Sisters, Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF), VH-1 Save The Music, The Cincinnati Children’s Hospital and The Cincinnati School for Performing Arts. He is also founder and President of The Nick Lachey Foundation, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization dedicated to helping children, families and communities in need throughout the United States.
Lachey currently resides in Los Angeles with his wife Vanessa and three children Camden, Brooklyn and Phoenix.
Nikki Bella with Artem Chigvintsev
– If there’s a barrier to be broken or an accolade to be earned, Nikki Bella has done it, and done it with style. Bella is a philanthropist, empowered woman, executive producer, YouTuber, motivational speaker and longest reigning Divas Champion.
A self-admitted ‘tomboy’ with a feminine side, Bella originally planned to play professional soccer until a leg injury ended her career. From there, she followed her twin sister Brie’s lead into WWE. Unsuccessful in seizing spots in the 2006 WWE Raw Diva Search, The Bellas caught the eyes of execs and soon landed in FCW. Training for the competition they’d soon crush, she and her sibling made their way onto the main roster in 2008 and turned heads whenever they set foot inside the ring. But don’t be fooled — Bella is more than just a pretty face. With a dash of ‘twin magic,’ she and her sister stirred up WWE, culminating with a Divas title reign apiece in 2011 and 2012. But after a brief sabbatical from WWE, the sisters began an astonishing reinvention, with Nikki cementing herself as the division’s mean-girl powerhouse and earning a Divas title reign that lasted a record-setting 301 days. Now, as a pivotal member of the SmackDown LIVE roster, Bella continues to test the limits of competition in a complete and totally fearless fashion.
Sasha Pieterse with Gleb Savchenko
– Film and television star Sasha Pieterse is best known for her lead role on Freeform’s Pretty Little Liars, which wrapped its seventh and final season earlier this year. Despite being only 12 years old when she landed the role on what would go on to become one of the network’s most popular and successful shows, she held her own as the youngest regular cast member with already years of professional experience beneath her belt.
The Johannesburg native immigrated to America with her family for greater opportunities. The daughter of professional acrobatic dancers, Pieterse became accustomed to the rigors of a career in entertainment at an early age. When she was just four and a half years old, she met with a Los Angeles agent who quickly signed her, and she has been acting and modeling ever since. In addition to her successful acting career, Pieterse has launched her singing career releasing four singles with co-writer and producer, Dan Franklin.
Terrell Owens with Cheryl Burke
– Philanthropist, entrepreneur, fitness expert, model, motivational speaker, humanitarian, loving father and the NFL’s 6-Time Pro Bowler, Terrell Eldorado Owens is a man on a mission. His extraordinary skills on the gridiron and elite athleticism raised the bar for Wide Receivers in the league. Owens is credited with being one of the most exciting and electrifying players to ever play the game, with 1078 Receptions, 15,935 yards and 153 touchdowns during the span of his 15 year career.
Owens has garnered countless awards and accolades for his work on and off the field, including six Pro Bowl appearances, five-time Associated Press All-Pro, Recorded Five Seasons with 13 or more touchdowns, and the first to score a touchdown in seven straight Monday Night Football games. On September 15, 2008 in yet another remarkable Monday Night Game, Owens moved into second place on the NFL’s all-time career touchdown list.
Owens’ work on the field is only mirrored by his accomplishments off the field, including partnering with the Alzheimer’s Association, which is near and dear to his heart. His beloved grandmother Alice succumbed to the disease three years ago. He also testified before Congress to raise awareness about the disease.
Vanessa Lachey with Maks Chmerkovskiy
– As the winner of the 1998 Miss Teen USA pageant, Lachey (then Minnillo) was awarded the title and honor of Miss Congeniality 1998, which was voted on by her peers. She later went on to serve as a backstage correspondent for The 50th Annual Miss USA Pageant in 2001, a judge for Miss Teen USA in 2007 and co-host of the 2007 Miss Universe Pageant in Mexico City.
In 2003 Lachey started at MTV Networks, where she served as co-host for Total Request Live and MTV Hits. She hosted several MTV specials, including MTV’s Prom Date, The Real World San Diego Reunion and Spring Break Celebrity Fantasies. In 2002 she hosted the UK crossover hit Top of the Pops for The WB and also hosted the live finale of UPN’s The Road to Stardom with Missy Elliot.
For two seasons, Lachey was the New York-based correspondent for Entertainment Tonight, the #1 syndicated entertainment newsmagazine in the world. During her time with Entertainment Tonight, she reported on the latest news regarding music, film, television and fashion. Lachey will next be seen co-hosting Top Chef Junior with Curtis Stone, which will debut on Universal Kids in October.
Victoria Arlen with Val Chmerkovskiy
– Face it. Embrace it. Defy it. Conquer it. These are the words that ESPN TV personality, Paralympic Gold Medalist and World Record Holder Victoria Arlen lives by every day. At the young age of 11, the lifelong swimmer and athlete fell ill with Transverse Myelitis, a rare viral disease that left her in a four-year long coma and without use of her legs for nearly 10 years. Unbeknownst to those around her at the time, Arlen could hear the conversations going on in her hospital room while she was in the coma as doctors expressed losing hope for any sort of improvement in her condition. However, with unwavering support from her family, her health improved tremendously.
In June of 2010, Arlen, determined to reach her childhood dream of competing in the Olympic Games, returned to the pool for the first time in years. In the spring of 2012, not only did she participate in four events at the London Paralympic Games, but she also took home one Gold and three Silver medals while also setting a world record in in the 100-meter free. Following her successful and inspirational recovery, Arlen has since become an on-air TV personality with ESPN. She has reported for numerous sports programs, including X-Games, Invictus Games, The ESPY Awards, Special Olympics World Games and SportsCenter.
Her dedication, charisma, and inspirational story has not gone unnoticed. Once in the public eye after the 2012 Paralympic Games, the 21-year-old came to symbolize a beacon of hope for many. Since then, she has presented as the keynote speaker at many functions, including for TEDx and several Fortune 500s, like Disney, Pfizer and Liberty, sharing her remarkable story across the country.